Final Fantasy VI - A Soldier's Continengcy

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(01-28-2023, 08:53 PM)Luck_98 Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 04:23 PM)Lightning Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 03:41 PM)Luck_98 Wrote: Hey, nice work with the hack!

I just found a bug, but to be fair, I'm not in the newest patch. I'm in the floating continent, and I got the Da vinci brush. I think this was the trigger. When I went to equip it to Relm, I noticed I have 4 more brushes, magical brush. Each are in a different slot, like different items, and when looked in the inventory, they show as having zero of each.

Not sure what exactly happened, or if it's fixed in a newer version (I think I've got the second to last version), but just wanted to let you know.

That's one I've never seen or heard of before.  So you beat Gigantos, got the Davinci Brush, and somehow in your inventory you had other Brushes?  Did Relm have any equipped, or were they just in your inventory?  Can you manage a screenshot somehow?

Edit: also, did you see any strange graphical errors at any point?

I was on the floating continent, with Celes, Leo, Strago and Locke. Rest of the team was unequipped. I think it was that, but I only noticed it a little before, going back to the ship and going to use Relm.

https://i.imgur.com/Zw3e69y.png

After using the brush, unequipping it and reorganizing the inventory, instead of 4 I've got now 6. And trying to sell them turn the 0 into a 55. After that, it *seems* normal, but I'm not sure.
Also just found one in the Veldt, killed it and got a second da vinci brush, but this time with no extra brushes... apparently.

I'm playing in snes9x, too.

That sounds like a nasty glitch happened somewhere along the way, similar to Relm's Sketch bug that can randomly give you 99+ of certain items.  The only problem is I can't fix it without knowing exactly what caused it.  Did you happen to see any slowdowns during any battles while any spells/skills were being used?  By any chance, did you see Meteo target a lot of monsters or slow the game down more than usual?  I did tweak a few spells that are more graphically demanding (like Meteo), so I want to be sure they aren't the cause of this.  So far nobody else has encountered the bug, but it could be a very specific set of circumstances, like a formation with a lot of monsters and a particular spell that was used on them. I'm pretty sure that organizing your items was not the cause of the bug, but I could be wrong.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI - A Soldier's Continengcy - by Lightning - 01-28-2023, 11:40 PM