Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Swap which characters share palette

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Hatzen had a patch... "Synchronized palettes" I believe its called, that.... Makes characters use their battle palettes instead of individual set palettes.

It does work, but I've never used the patch itself. His documentation list all the changes and is easy enough to follow (regardless if you know exactly what your doing or not) however since I've never applied the IPS file, nor used it without other things going on with palettes... I can't promise anything that way.

I did here recently have an issue where event spawned NPCs were pre-set with battle palettes, but I think that was my 160 long battle palette list and some other code, not a direct result of that patch. Could have easily been my editing that caused it, regardless it was fixed by disconnecting it from field NPCs...

Just the same, might look it up. Its a nice patch. Between those and Assassin's readme files is pretty much how I learned enough to start learning code.

On another note, I never really got much from Lunar's difference logs. I always used compare in HxD, then of course pencil and papered the differences as they came across (but I'm odd like that) Lynar is probably a better method.

That being said, I believe Poco posted (once apon a time) a list of offsets where PC field sprites were given their palettes. Could also search for them in the eventscript log.

Just offering options.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Swap which characters share palette - by Seifer - 08-28-2022, 06:05 PM
RE: Swap which characters share palette - by Catone - 08-29-2022, 04:51 AM