Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Project preview: Comments/suggestions/testing welcome

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
Stream of consciousness feedback.

Watched Omen (the wait for title screen to end intro) and didn't notice anything different. Vicks and Wedge have new sprites, that's nice. The attack lobo also pounced before the fight, that was cool.
The Narshian guards' 'startled' pose could use wilder eyes, perhaps three pixels tall with one-pixel pupils. Again, the ready pose before initiating the fight is nice.
Only one of the lobos pounces for the third fight, I imagine that's intentional.
Vomammoths made an angry face before pouncing.
Save menu OAM is broken, but you were aware of that already.
Breaking the Whelk gate has the wrong field dialogue, Vicks volunteers to break it but Wedge does the breaking.
Whelk Guard wags his finger, but his palette is strange.
During Whelk fight, Wedge delivers Vicks' lines and Vicks delivers Wedge's lines. They're at least consistent by character, though, so it's just a matter of swapping the names. I notice you made Vicks the subordinate soldier (green armor), but he's the pushier of the two. Not a big deal, something to think about though.
The menu item portrait scramble might be related to trying to refresh the portrait for status correction (specifically, an imp check). There's probably a separate portrait pointer for that somewhere that's still going to vanilla data.
Actually, the Esper battle cutscene has Wedge and Vicks delivering the correct lines.
During Awakening, you should perhaps make the one Narshian Guard outside the door use the knock poses.
I like that the one guard tries in vain to jump up to the bridge when they spot Terra (Err... WWWWWW, I wanted to test your text boxes).
Gestahl's hand wave is a special pose for his special NPC sheet, but if you've got a full player sheet with him you should be able to change the motion code to the standard player one to fix that tile mismatch.
Code:
CCA518: {2A}                  Do graphical action $2A changed to $19
and
CCA535: {2A}                  Do graphical action $2A changed to $19
Typo
Wedge: "Vicks, she's far too wounded to come with us, and the slave crown is gone" (First 'to' should be 'too')
Soft-locked in the defense when Locke encountered the first fast Vomammoth pack. I was controlling a different party when that fight was initiated.
Loaded a save state to continue, but couldn't get any further. That first fast Vomammoth keeps softlocking me. Even trying to rush the boss, I can't get to Marshal before it reaches Terra. Seems to be tied to switching parties.
EDIT: Running as fast as I could towards Marshall, and then switching to Mog's party after Wedge triggered a touch fight, I was able to clear the defense. Locke's party is hurting for damage; Kupek is the best fighter and maybe could use a stronger weapon, or a Dragon Horn? Either that, or the other two need more health or better ice defense to survive those blizzards. Still not sure what causes the soft lock if that first fast Vomammoth is engaged right away.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Small mod, need input/testing - by C-Dude - 08-01-2022, 04:30 PM
RE: Small mod, need input/testing - by Catone - 08-01-2022, 08:46 PM
RE: Project preview: Comments/suggestions/testing welcome - by C-Dude - 08-03-2022, 12:51 AM