Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Alphabetical Rage Checklist Addendum

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
huh... so you apparently keep the $7E9D89 menu data list more raw, and do modifications/decisions from that further downstream.

at first, i was thinking, "does he know he's inverting how my patch did things??".  your screenshot was the only thing convincing me your approach wasn't backwards. Tongue   you definitely diverge (from my initial patch and addendum) on the list building by virtue of keeping Novalia Spirit's initial function call.  but your added code ("rgcolor" per N.S. naming), called on list display, then converges on treatment of X, and balances things out with the necessary additional translation step to A.

have you reasoned through or tested how this would work on Pugs (and Allo Ver and Siegfried, if applicable)?  that's a potential pitfall.  my addendum might not even have worked fully on those, but i did try and account for it/them to some degree, so it could be worth verifying that our results (especially in weird or hacked cases) match.  i wish the Slick discussion was accessible, so i could see known shortcomings of or issues with mine.

i leave you with this mind-blowing optimization:

Code:
C3/FD88: AA          TAX
C3/FD89: 4C F0 50    JMP $50F0

==>

Code:
C3/FD88: 4C EF 50    JMP $50EF
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to assassin for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (12-03-2021)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: Alphabetical Rage Checklist Addendum - by Sia - 12-01-2021, 04:57 PM
RE: Patch: Alphabetical Rage Checklist Addendum - by assassin - 12-02-2021, 10:26 PM