Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Vanilla script rewrite underway_

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I was thinking about that...originally I intended to have Locke describe it that way based on the letters found on the back of the statues. At the end of the day, it works better to have them become the origin of “Mana” and move on from there. Like I say, I’d rather have more room during exposition by saying Mana, instead of magical power, or magic...ya know?

The concept is:

The Triad = Mana
Espers = Elemental Power
Magicite = The perfect combination between Mana and Elemental Power.

In that way the notion of triplicates will remain intact.
The “four laws of nature” are just a nod to the concept of Elemental Power.

I did go back to having the statues be monumental, though. They’re not actually the gods themselves...

(07-04-2021, 02:40 AM)C-Dude Wrote: The monument powering the barrier to the esper realm is a nice touch.

I wonder though if "Four Elements" clashes with the imagery of the Triad.  Perhaps it's because I perceive them as each being a god of one form of magic, but I think it's important to keep that 'three' concept locked down with them.

I do have to warn you though, I made the same mistake with this scene; they're not actually the statues of the three gods (those are in the Esper Realm itself); they're three monuments commemorating the War of the Magi, erected by the Espers.  They use the small statue sprite instead of the three giant ones you see on Floating Continent.

I kind of see what your saying right now, though.  There ARE three forms of magic in game: based on the icons of “ white - black - grey”.  I might be able to write that in.  Half of Strago’s vanilla exposition about the statues involves the birth of the espers...and that’s what I chose to switch up in favor of the birth of Mana  So, I might be able to highlight the Triadic nature of the gods after all.  Thanks again, c-dude.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by Joshua H. - 07-01-2021, 06:02 PM
RE: Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by C-Dude - 07-04-2021, 02:40 AM
RE: Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by MysticLord - 07-04-2021, 07:01 AM
RE: Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by Joshua H. - 07-04-2021, 08:06 AM
RE: Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by MysticLord - 07-07-2021, 07:02 AM