Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Opinion: Moving Party Change from Narshe to Figaro

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Thanks, C-Dude. I think I just needed someone to affirm that the Throne Room was okay. I have Edgar on the left throne and Sabin on the right, complaining about how uncomfortable it is. Celes, Locke, and Cyan are walking around the room, and Gau is running. Shadow will stay in your party if you're just entering the castle and shuttling between East/West, but if you try to enter the throne room, he'll ditch. I just took the event from the Narshe entrance and dropped it into the Chancellor's hallway, with no editing.

The actual editing of the NPCs was pretty simple. Note to anyone in the future that you will also have to edit the scene with Lone Wolf in the treasure room, and a scene that triggers at the Narshe entrance that has you talking to Banon, Arvis, and the Elder. All you have to do in these scenes is change which NPC they point to. The hardest part, by far, was editing the Figaro flashback sequence so that you had to view it in order to progress through the story. Lots of tiny little things that need to be accounted for... I ended up having it trigger when Edgar talks to the Chancellor, and changing the Figaro bedroom to be JUST a bedroom where your party can rest.

In all, I'm happy with this. Figaro is your "vehicle" at that point in the game, and it makes sense for the party to wait in the vehicle. It's still quite the backtrack from Zozo, but it's much better.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion: Moving Party Change from Narshe to Figaro - by PowerPanda - 04-11-2020, 03:24 PM