Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Plot Twists in Remasters

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
A hack I'd like to see someone do is expand the story in the World of Ruin. While the wide-open world is nice, the story takes a nosedive and there's no overarcing plot anymore. I think it'd be cool to see a hack that adds a few more scripted events to give players more guidance and direction. Some ideas for that:

- When Humbaba uses Baba Breath to blow party members away, maybe they get blown off to the Veldt, the party has to go find them, recruit Gau, and rescue their party members in the Veldt cave. You would not have to do this immediately - your two lost party members would just be unusuable until lost, but with Terra and Gau joining, you'd still have a full party to do other things with.
- With the Veldt cave quest changed, Shadow could be found in Jidoor trying to save Relm.
- After doing a certain quest, Deathgaze attacks the airship and it crashes near South Figaro. The party has to go to Figaro to get parts to repair it and explores the underground channel that the castle moves through, during which players could find out about the Ancient Castle which branches off from that area.
- Strago relates to the party when rejoined that he kept reliving his past regrets, and one of them was what happened to Thamasa and he asks the party to take him there, which would nudge players to beginning the Hidon quest.

I'd also like to see the characters given specific dialogue for various appropriate circumstances. I assume this is a technical limitation it wasn't done before, have to code events to check for party members and give them unique dialogue, but hackers have the power to expand it:

- Give Sabin dialogue in the "Gerad" sequences
- Give Sabin and possibly Shadow and Gau dialogue in Cyan's nightmare. Locke could also have a small bit since he knows about the guilt of letting a loved one die
- Give Celes specific dialogue for seeing Terra at Mobliz
- Strago could have an expanded description of the Ancient Castle, since he knows more about the War of the Magi
- Terra could have a longer dialogue with Valigarmanda
- Cyan could say something on finding the Alexander Magicitie, like maybe it's a mythical guardian of Doma like in FF9
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Plot Twists in Remasters - by C-Dude - 03-08-2020, 11:39 PM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by PowerPanda - 03-09-2020, 11:51 PM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by GrayShadows - 03-11-2020, 04:47 PM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by MysticLord - 03-12-2020, 02:34 AM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by DrakeyC - 03-14-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: Plot Twists in Remasters - by C-Dude - 03-14-2020, 09:12 PM