Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Event editing: Invisible NPC like in Narshe?

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(02-23-2020, 08:06 PM)madsiur Wrote: I think maybe your NPC is not visible (yes you need an visible invisible NPC lol):

[Image: tFwXy5D.png]

Basically setting its memory bit somewhere before you first enter the cave (not the entrance event though). This should allow to not pass through the NPC and be able to talk to him. $1EE0:0 is default bit so you'd want somethiing else at the end of the range allowed by FF6LE to make sure it is unused. Finally you clear that bit at the end of the event to be able to pass through the NPC after without removing it completely.

If this still fail, try C0 49 81 00 05 26 (check bit set) just for testing purpose and reduce your event to one bit check and a dialogue. But even then you shouldn't be able to pass through the NPC if the good properties are set so I think your problem is with the appearance bit. You event seems ok.

Ah, that's a good tip, I'll try it out immediately. Only problem is, the cave is reachable right after obtaining the airship, so that NPC's memory bit would be needed to be set in the 'get the Falcon' event as the latest possible point in the story, right? Damn, my only test save right now was before defeating the last dragon. Oh well, guess I'll have to replay most of the WoR again in order to properly test it. I'll be using the NPCdata.txt document to check which NPC bits are unused (if a bit is not found in there, is it save to assume that it's really unused? Same question for the ChestData.txt?).

Quote:My biggest point being, has there been recent discussing regarding a type of "dragon's den" on the snes? Lot of things have been worked out since the last brain storm I saw. Okay, maybe it's just moved from impossible to impractical. What your working on is a competent idea, all I'm suggesting is once you get this working, see if it can go farther.

There are a few threads about the Dragon's Den in the depths of this forum, but they are mostly older, and were also mostly trying to implement ALL of it, and the answer to this was pretty much always that this would be a truly herculean task, and likely impossible due to restrictions on item amount, spell amount, enemy amount and such. That's why I have set my goal a little less ambitious, a normal dungeon is fine for me, the enemies and treasure chest contents will be with stuff that already exists in the SNES version, but good stuff which is otherwise hard to come by (e.g. Genji equipment, Mirage Vest, Marvel Shoes, maybe a Snow Muffler or a Megalixir or two). I'll definitely try to make the most of it, and see just how much space I can squeeze out of the maps.

Too bad that map space is so limited, since the rom expansion gave me really a lot of free space that would be more than sufficient. Is there really no way to tell FF6LE to use this free space at the end of the rom for maps?

And one smaller question if you don't mind, how can I have the game show the location's name upon entering? I did set the appropriate message in the 'layers' sheet, see here:

[Image: fa68bd-1582564897.png]

but it doesn't show up in-game. Any ideas why? Thanks again for your help.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Event editing: Invisible NPC like in Narshe? - by Gestahl - 02-24-2020, 01:26 PM