The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Edgar glitches in Kefka's end speech

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I was completing a test playthrough of a personal romhack and came across a strange bug.  Celes and Edgar jumped up to give rebuttals, but after Edgar jumped down to join the party lineup self-help booklet moment, when the camera scrolled down he was in the wrong place, still performing the "jump down" animation.  https://i.imgur.com/unO5XtQ.png

I used the last save file I had with a vanilla, unmodified FF3 rom and it had the same thing happen, leading me to believe it's an emulator bug.  Maybe something with CPU timing.  I was playing this on my phone, Retroarch app with an Snes9x 2010 core.  The odd party lineup is because I was trying to test ending text without Strago, Terra, Locke, or Sabin having been recruited to the party.  Incidentally, some of the credits text didn't clear properly and the new text displayed over it, but I'm all but certain that's just an emulation bug, since Celes briefly showed up over the text box and I KNOW that's an emulation bug. I'm just not certain because there has been hardly any graphical issues this whole playthrough - a few lines failed to draw on enemies during some abilities but that's it.  I couldn't find any more information on this glitch, but if it's not because of the emulator then I was hoping I could track down a patch or fix for it.

I guess my question is - has anyone else run into this odd Edgar behavior?  Has a solution for this problem been documented?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Edgar glitches in Kefka's end speech - by Kenefactor - 01-17-2020, 09:23 PM