Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
to be sure, i recognize Golem and Dog to have their own algorithms (including a coin flip for block chance), and not be evasion buffs per se.  but i see their early evaluation as more of a result of Square having to test *something* first (quantum computing aside), as opposed to those inherently being a consistent first line of defense.  and then Square's random animation pooling as reflecting their awareness that they were giving too much credit to Interceptor/Golem and an attempt to mitigate this.

iow, i see the Esper and Dog as layers of protection that function outside of Evade proper, but exist side-by-side with equipment protection, as opposed to one group being strictly in front of or behind another.  conceptually, which entity catches an incoming attack first can depend on unstated things like attack height or angle, flow of battle, pure chance, etc.  the animation pooling is a nod to these variances, without trying to track or evaluate them with specificity.

admittedly, some of this boils down to assessing intelligence and nimbleness of the guardians.  how "eager" and "swift" are they to block -- i.e. does it always put them out "in front" of swords and shields?  also, regarding the other modified branch, are they "stupid" enough to bother protecting a character that's clearly Clear, or a rotting Zombie?  for instance, True Knight wearers won't try to protect Clear targets, but otherwise aren't so bright.

Messages In This Thread
Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix - by Bropedio - 11-08-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix - by madsiur - 11-09-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix - by assassin - 11-10-2019, 01:07 AM
RE: Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix - by Bropedio - 11-10-2019, 09:00 AM
RE: Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix - by assassin - 11-19-2019, 05:47 AM
RE: Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix - by seibaby - 11-10-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix - by assassin - 11-10-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: Patch: Doggy Miss Bugfix - by Imzogelmo - 02-23-2020, 10:52 AM