Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Portrait removal patch request for FFVI advance

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thank you very much to both of you ! <3 I tried doing what C-Dude said and it worked perfectly, I tested it only in the beggining though. The portraits are removed in the dialogue boxes and in the menu as well. The result can be seen in the image below.

Everything, I patched (using Lunar IPS) another copy of the game with the ips files you kindly made but somehow it didn't seem to work. I tried with both of them (separately of course) but the portraits were still there and also the sound was somewhat messed up. I used a rom from the link:

[link to rom removed]

which aparently is FF6 Advance (US). Maybe I did something wrong or it is possible that there's something wrong with the patch, I noticed that in the original rom the first dialogue boxes don't have any portraits by default and the first dialogue with a portrait in the game is after you find the frozen esper and Terra wakes up in Narshe, so maybe you didn't test it that far, although you can also check it right form the start by looking at the menu.

Nevertheless, it appears that it is already solved since the first method worked Smile. I'll start playing and if I encounter any error I'll let you know. I guess if someone wants to perfect it even more, one could remove the portraits only from the dialogue boxes while keeping the menu portraits (like the snes version), but maybe that's a long shot, since we would need to know which bytes are specifically for the menu portraits. Anyway, thank you very much for your help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portrait removal patch request for FFVI advance - by Feanor17 - 07-29-2019, 01:54 AM