Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Random Questions I have and things I want to do

Status
None
Edit
Do monsters have room for vigor and stamina/luck stats? If they don't I'll have to derive some pair of stats from another for calculations. Probabky Evasion and magic evasion, from str+agi and int+agi, probably divided by 8. Still I'd rather add 2 stats. I could use level for vigor/str and give them random lucks.

/edit

My background is in Java, with some Python. I took a poorly taught class on MIPS assembly language and the intro to CS class had a few sections on a very simple assembly language.

I would attempt to break things down into subroutine calls and work from there. For instance, to create a menu where you select Swordtechs, I would first try to manipulate the existing menu to become larger and longer. Then I would try to delete the numbers and progress bar and the logic for transferring the count that takes place to a GUI representation, while still retaining the timer as a subroutine call for later. Then I get it to display an array of dummy text, then an array of actual names, and then I finish the under-the-hood logic. Each of these things I would logically try to do as separate subroutine calls so I'm only debugging one thing at a time, then after that try to integrate them all into one piece or as many pieces as I think will be reused.

Gau's rage would have to read data from a table and display something using part of what I'm guessing is the battle menu module, though it has more in common with the status display in the field menu. Relm's Sketch would be a subset of that, except you select the actual skill used.

All this might be moot if skills have more descriptive names and if all this can be looked up and easily remembered in the field menu. Just giving enemies more apt names is a good idea. That's probably a more appropriate place for it.

I am guessing that GUI stuff is the hardest thing to start with, for a seasoned programmer.

Something where Rage, Sketch, and so on use the table that has 4 skills instead of 2 allows me to delete the obsolete tables, which may save room for other things like Gau's element/statusFX/FightDamageType/attackAttributes informational display.

Do you have advice for coding in SNES assembly language? What are the most salient points, the worst limitations, and the areas most prone to errors?

21. Change the various Techs, Blitzes, and Tools around, as such:

Swordtechs are earned only by completing events.
First 3: 1 hp absorb, 1 hit all that costs hp, 1 counter stance that always counters with an element that enemy is weak against, if any (1 of 9 attacks).
Second 3: 1 powerful hit, 2x multihit, and 1 powerful counter stance.
Last 2: 2x multihit counter stance, 3x multihit.

Blitzes are earned only by completing events.
1st three: Pummel, Suplex, Heart Chakra.
2nd three: Aurabolt, Fire Dance, Crown Chakra.
3rd three: Bum Rush, Air Blades, Sacrifice.

Sacrifice: heal all allies by half their max HP, reduce Sabin's current HP by current HP + 1.
Heart Chakra: restore Sabin's HP.
Crown Chakra: add two of either protect, shell, regen, or blur to Sabin and a random ally; add only statuses that are not currently present.
Blitz: powerful hit on random enemy.
Aurabolt: holy elemental, powerful hit, preferentially targets undead then others at random.
Fire Dance: counter stance, hit all.
Air Blades: hit 3x, air elemental.
Bum Rush: hit all, water elemental.
Suplex: remains same, but instead of damage reduction have it increase damage when a target is alone.

Edgar only gets new Tools commands from events, and they are completely decoupled from items. Not sure what they should be.

22. Allow Drain effect to deal any amount of damage, but only heal up to the casters current HP.

23. Create a Drain MP weapon attribute.

24. Terra's current Morph effect is nulled, instead she gets 1/2 MP and x-magic. Also remove the revert command since she has no way to roll over unused Morph, and give her a slightly more sane way to accumulate Morph uses.

25. Allow effects like 1/2 MP to stack.

26. Make Locke's normal attack always steal too, and change his Steal command to a skillset of maybe 4 to 8 skills that would be useful for him. Mostly status and ATB modification.

Messages In This Thread
Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 01-31-2019, 05:53 PM
RE: Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 02-01-2019, 05:44 PM
RE: Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 02-02-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 03-06-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 03-08-2019, 03:05 PM