Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Hello there. :3 Sorry for the delay. I don't check back that often these days because there aren't a lot of patches to add to the comp anymore.

Kottye: Thank you. I'll take into account your suggestions. But I must warn that I don't see much need to update my readme/description. I like how it is, slop and all. When I say you can patch the stuff in the bug-fix comp in any order that's what I mean. There should be no resulting compatibility issues from mix-and-matching everything in its respective archive. If anyone finds any, do please let me know. There are patch order issues between some portions of the bug-fix comp when interacting with my script edit, but I've addressed that. I also don't want to remove any of the other comments I've made at the moment

Nevertheless, you're right that there are some things I need to address. And I will.

First, you're right that I really should have some checksums/hashes listed. In modern times, it's much harder to have the wrong rom for SNES games. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone did anyway. And it costs me nothing to paste in a few hashes for peace of mind. I should've had them before. This will be done hopefully soon. :3

You're also right that I should state up front that there is a mix-and-match feature, AKA "There's Options". I can't believe I didn't do that already actually... I will surely get to that in my next update. It should be soon as well if I'm not too busy.

There's one other issue I need to address : I've labeled every "There's Options" patches as "no header", even the ones included in the "headered" archive. This is not an error. But it could complicate matters having them in there because they are NOT compatible with headered roms despite the MAIN patch in the headered archive being for headered roms. Someone might overlook the naming... Between this confusion and the soon-to-be presence of the hashes, some change must be made. I could remove the "There's Options" folder from the headered archive... But I think it's finally time to do something else.

*Deep breath* In the next version I will be removing the headered version of the comp. * It's been a long time coming. I've always disagreed with having the headered version because (maybe owed a bit to my being a game preservationist and No-Intro worker), I'm anti-copier header. The only reason I had the headered version in the first place was because I wanted to satisfy everyone and I didn't want anyone to dislike me. Sad It really made things more difficult to maintain for me, anyway. I apologize for anyone who disagrees with this decision even a little, but I do believe it's time to move forward. Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. XD Just please remember you can always use the excellent program Headerizer to make any patch a headered version if you want to. So don't hate poor little me too much. Okay? Cover

*As always, decisions subject to change at Cora's whim. Whatever will be will be. Shrug

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by CVReynolds - 05-07-2024, 10:51 AM