Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
So I don't know if this was covered in the bugfix compilation or not, but it doesn't seem so - or if so, its unstable because it was broke on my "Challenge Mod" that uses the bugfix compilation.

There's two dialogue messages in the game that are bugged, #122 and #346 - when Edgar speaks to one of the troopers accompanying Kefka, and when Edgar brings up "fighting Magitek enemies with Magitek weapons" in the meeting at the Returners hideout. The trooper and Banon's responses aren't shown due to an error in the hex. In vanilla, this can be fixed by going to CD/166E and CD/39E9 and changing the "00" bits there to "13", you'll know it's fixed because if you open the dialogue in usME, it'll show more lines (in my experience, parts of messages #123 and #347 were copied into #122 and #346, but rewriting 122 and 346 was fine).

The problem on your end is gonna be finding those two addresses, because if the script has been edited, and/or if you've opened the rom in usME, things are gonna be moved around. I was able to find my #346 fix on my WIP project by grabbing the last few hex values from the address in a vanilla rom, doing a Ctrl+F for them in my modified rom, and trial-and-error changing until the caption displayed properly in usME. Now, if that fix will be preserved if people apply other roms to their projects after the bugfix compilation...I have no clue whatsoever. Godspeed.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by DrakeyC - 05-01-2023, 06:20 PM