Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
Nice update! Congrats!

(12-04-2021, 04:30 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: I want to add SilentEnigma's patch when it's finished, because I do think it would be a great error to fix. But I'm unsure because of potential compatibility issues. If people want to use the Siegfried/Chupon patch, for example... would they still be able to after the fix? I don't know how the fix would work, so I can't say. I only want as much freedom as I can give for people to customize this stuff without having to juggle nearly 200 patches. It makes me wonder if perhaps Chupon and Siegfried should always appear at the bottom of the list, regardless of whether the list is otherwise alphabetized or not. Their absence wouldn't be that strange if the empty spots were on the bottom, maybe?

There's no patch out yet, mostly because of the issues raised above. There are actually two patches in the works now:
  • One will remove the slots for Chupon & Siegfreid, as promised, and reduce the list capacity by 2 -- but only if you don't have Terii Senshi's Rage patch enabled. That's the plan, anyway.
  • The other will be the alternative to Terii Senshi's Rage patch that you suggested, where Gau will instantly learn Chupon/Siegfried if he encounters each in the Coliseum. (This one is almost ready.)
Once those are available, I don't think there will be a need to move Chupon & Siegfried to the bottom of the list.

(01-02-2022, 02:29 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: What should be next? I'm thinking I should include all the appropriate readme files from these patches in another folder in the compilation. I mentioned doing this before. Thoughts?

Going down the list of patches, I have trouble remembering what bugs half of them are fixing. It would be nice to be able to quickly look up the description for each. Putting the readme files together would be one way. There might be other ways to get that same value, like putting a table together on the wiki?

(01-02-2022, 02:29 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: Oh, and I'm aware that if a patch that includes "Pugs Rage" is used (such as the patches in this project), one can't patch with Alphabetical Rage afterward.

Kind of a rough state of affairs :/

It would be nice if one could simply apply the compatible Pugs Rage after Alphabetical Rage to fix things, but as of now that does not work. Nor is it feasible to make Pugs Rage forward-compatible.

If anything improves with the situation, I will follow up here.

Edit:
Unrelated--
After another look at the bugfix readme, I noticed Bottomless HP and MP Well under the Events section.
Might it be more appropriate in the Battle section?
There may be a few currently in the Battle section that would look better under Menu or Graphics, too. Of course, I understand there are gray areas.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • CVReynolds (04-14-2022)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by SilentEnigma - 01-09-2022, 01:01 AM