Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
Hi CV!

(07-21-2020, 05:22 PM)CVReynolds Wrote: I MIGHT update the old script fix too. But I've not decided yet. I'm not sure what the point would be once the new one is out. Would anyone still want the older one?

As others have said in this thread, I like the idea of a basic typo/grammar fix patch for the whole script alongside the bugfix compilation. Two patches, and you have a great pseudo-vanilla FF3us.

(05-18-2020, 06:12 AM)assassin Wrote: - both of these changes are largely untested (or unassembled, as you see here; haha), a big contrast from my released patches.  so unless you're willing to BE the beta tester for these, i'd hold off on putting them in a compilation patch.
(07-21-2020, 05:22 PM)CVReynolds Wrote: Assassin: I trust in your code enough that I might put it in the patch anyway. I can always change it later. I'm going to play through the game again soon. Seems a good way to test everything. But I admit I still don't understand how to do the assembly thing. "Trivially edit the 3 branches" and "labels" just goes right over my head. I'm a writer, not a coder. ;P But I'll keep looking into this stuff.

I am interested as well in the refined vanish/doom & sketch fixes, but I agree with Assassin's suggestion here.
It would be good to see these tested and released as individual patches -- just a little more legwork is needed. I'd like to help if I can.

CV:
See the attached .asm file (zipped) for the new vanish/doom, which has the necessary edits as per Assassin's directions earlier.
I chose the 16 bytes of free space at C2/A65A for the new subroutine "high_priority".  This should be compatible with your own compilation patch.

I'm doing some preliminary testing now, and the fix appears to work as advertised.
I will look at the Fenix Down + Undead tweak next, followed by the sketch fix.

Has anyone else ever done any testing with these?

Assassin:
Once testing is complete, would you interested in releasing the new fixes as patches?
If not, may I release them on your behalf?

Attached Files
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • assassin (10-18-2020), CVReynolds (08-07-2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by SilentEnigma - 07-31-2020, 02:29 AM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM