Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Progress has been made on this today, for the first time in years! The problem has always been that I can restrict Genji Glove usage from the menu, but not from re-equipping in battle. This isn't TOO big of an issue, as hardly anyone re-equips in battle, but since it could be used to place 2 weapons that were not Genji Glove compatible on someone, it invalidated the rest of the hack. I am still hoping to find a way to restrict useage, but for now I have programmed in a "way out". You simply can't use the Genji Glove if you are re-equipping during battle. You can switch the 2nd weapon to a shield, but not to another weapon.

After that, I implemented the "Piercing Damage" and "2x Jump Damage". Piercing damage, being an entirely new concept, required $0F bytes of free space. The 2x Jump Damage unfortunately needed to be done without subroutines (lots of internal branching), and the code was 2 bytes too long to put it in its normal place. (It is $0E bytes long, and the 2 in-line places I could have put it were $0C and $0E bytes.) I may circle back to this and see if I can relocate a different part of the jump damage routine in order to do everything in line, but for now, it is taking up more free space.

There are a crap-load of conflicts with the code I already have and CV Reynold's Bugfix patch (considering I rewrote the entire Optimize Routine), so I will need to figure out what to do about that. I also need to retrofit Gray Shadow's code to make Shock respond to the Runic flag, and figure out what to do about Brushless Sketch. I'm kind of leaning towards skipping that, as it relocates a TON of code in C2 and will cause conflicts with almost any patch it is applied to.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • C-Dude (04-02-2021), madsiur (04-02-2021)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove - by PowerPanda - 04-01-2021, 06:45 PM