Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(10-25-2018, 08:15 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: What I did to have different music for different boss battles, is uncheck the Play Song flag there in the formation editor, so it plays nothing, then sneak in a play song X command in the event code right before the battle initiates. It's not as legit as it could be to expand the song table, and there's a super tiny bit of lag when the battle starts, because it's loading the song to play, but when you have a ton of songs to put in different formations, it gets the job done! Just a little tedious doing a jump to free space so many times, to make the 2-3 bytes of space needed for the command.

That sounds like something I might be able to manage, but can you help get me started? If you have the time, of course.  If I manage to perform this task on one boss, then I'm sure I can do more.  I looked at the event dump for the dragons for example, but I'm not exactly sure which file they are in (I tried looking through various documents here, but only managed to find the script where it says "8 dragons left" in the event script file. 

To get me started, it might be useful to see how the code looks for a battle being triggered and what to relocate with the B2 command, and how the new code might look to play a song.  I can probably figure out the rest!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some final code requests (and screenshots) - by Lightning - 10-25-2018, 11:26 PM