Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(10-21-2018, 03:51 PM)madsiur Wrote: If you fixed the rippler bug in your mod it would be normal that you don't gain the dog block status with any character; this would seem more logical than assuming fedora joe did something that prevent another thing nowhere found in the game code to happen.

Just to be clear, I never thought it was something fedorajoe did.  If anything, I thought I broke something along the way with all my bug fixes and hacks added.  Either way, it's possible my memory is incorrect with interceptor and Relm. I just find it very curious is all, especially since the Wiki also got it wrong in this case.  I have found threads on this topic with other people who remember getting interceptor with Relm, but there was no real conclusion in those threads. Maybe one day I will perform another playthrough on a 1.0 ROM that lets Shadow die, but for now I will just go with what you are saying since you are the coder and probably know better than me!

Edit: Does anyone know how to hex edit a save file to give Relm the dog block status? I'm guessing this is a single byte somewhere, and I am comfortable editing it myself if someone can just point me to the correct block of code.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some final code requests (and screenshots) - by Lightning - 10-21-2018, 04:02 PM