Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Wow this is news to me, about Intercepter status going to Relm if Shadow is left behind! I never noticed that, well probably because I never left shadow lol.

It's especially weird though because I'm not seeing where this is done at all in the event code... Dog block is seemingly never given to Relm at any point or circumstance, so I'm at a loss how it's done unless it's handled outside of event code for some crazy reason...?

In my hack I actually manually added the status to Relm, both in the WoB and WoR when she is recruited, and I remember it being somewhat tricky for some reason, I guess because I coded it so that you have to save Shadow first, and there's some different stipulations regarding that... though, it's not hard at all really per say - you just need to give Relm intercepter status somewhere in the event code:
89 Inflict the following status ailments on character $08 (Actor in stot 8): Dog Block
The hex for this being 89 08 00 40.

You can probably do this yourself if you grab a copy of the event dump document and find the spot where Relm is recruited, then add this code in. You'll need to do a jump to some free space most likely, as to not have to remove any code to make room. Jump command is B2 XX YY ZZ. So for instance if you want to jump to free space at F1/5000, you'd do a B2 00 50 31 (first and last byte of offset are reversed), then put the code there and whatever you removed to make room for the jump, then at the end put a FE command/byte (returns to previous code) and you're good to go! This is assuming you'd like to learn a bit of event hacking so you can do some things like this in the future without requiring someone to do it. If you really aren't interested in doing it yourself, then I can do it for you, but it seems like you like to learn and do things yourself if possible. Smile

Can get the event dump document here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...s:doc:game
you'll have to search for words associated with the event in question to find where you want to edit.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some final code requests (and screenshots) - by Gi Nattak - 10-20-2018, 04:48 PM