Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(08-06-2018, 03:35 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Yeah it would, but then It'd mess things up for when used with Throw, the Thrower would take an extra step back. I think Throw is still a thing in Gen. Leo Edition, even though Shadow get's axed later? If not, then that'd work for when Gau uses it with Rage, he just would stand still instead of move forward a step.

In the General Leo edition, throw was removed altogether.  I brought it back in my version for Setzer and Gogo, but there are no more Shurikans, Ninja Stars, or Skeans/Edges.  The only time Those spells are used now are by monsters and via rage.  So it should not effect anything if it is modified!

Quote:I haven't done any difficulty modification, aside from locking the AutoCrossbow until after Terra flies away as an Esper. FFVI is an easy game, and it's not in the scope of my project to change that. I just want to make sure that all of my new additions are balanced with the original. I would welcome someone doing a difficulty re-balancing though.

I have replaced Raiden's graphics with Leviathan, so that slot is no longer available. My hack is going to have a shortage of available bytes. I'm re-organizing a lot of code in order to cram everything into an unexpanded rom.

Also, Gi, the code you posted looks like it is for the Magitek animation. $7081 and $70A8 look to be the addresses you need for the non-Magitek versions.

I think the proper road for the future of our two projects would be to release them separately, but later on merge only certain parts of my mod with yours and make it a re-balance version.  I'm sure certain aspects of my mod have to be left out, such as a few of the new items I put in, as well as some of the new monsters (since it was already difficult to find the necessary bytes I needed; I had to remove parts of the shadows and smoke of various sprites to get the bytes, lol).

I literally spent two months fighting each monster to make sure they were challenging but not too challenging in my mod.  I am about to do a playthrough on my real hardware next to verify that everything flows together. I really am a stickler for these things!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some final code requests (and screenshots) - by Lightning - 08-06-2018, 05:13 PM