Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(08-06-2018, 01:12 PM)Lightning Wrote: Changing the first and/or the 4th tick to 81F5 causes bugs like the water animation to also occur on top of the other animations, and the characters still don't step back.  I also tried other combinations, like repeating 027E again at the end, but that didn't change anything either.

By the way, I have a few questions about your mod:

-Does it work on real hardware?  I have spent a lot of time making sure mine works well on real hardware, since this is top priority for me!
-Does your mod still work in FF3USME?
-Assuming the answer to the above two questions are yes, is it even possible to merge our mods together?  I have modified a lot over the last 8 months, including redoing the order of monsters, monster formations and groups, items, spells, equipment, and basically everything there is to tweak in FF3USME!

Hmm... don't know what to tell you on the step bug then. I could have sworn that a patch existed for that, but I can't seem to find it either here or on Romhacking.net. I'll let you know if I find it.

I don't yet know if my hack will work on real hardware, as I no longer have an official SNES, nor a way to put roms onto one. I also haven't finished it, so I can't really test until it's done. I CAN tell you that my beta hack, Divergent Paths, works on the SNES Mini without using Retroarch, so I have high hopes this will do the same. I have purposely fit all of the changes into an unexpanded rom to make the chances as high as possible that it would be compatible.

It is still compatible with FF3usME, with 2 exceptions.
1. Sprites 16-22 (Leo through Gestahl) do not display correctly in FF3usME because of the spritesheet expansion and relocation I did in my patch "Everybody Gets a Chocobo".
2. Spell descriptions have been relocated to bank C4, so the spell descriptions that FF3usME lists are not what displays in-game. This was necessary in order to fit the 10 new spells into the game.

Also, there will be a few events that use custom event commands, such as Gau learning Fight or Kappa checking to see if you have all of the Imp Armor equipped before joining. These will not display correctly in ZoneDoctor, but will not cause crashes.

My next task is manually re-creating the battle system and menu fixes from C.V.Reynold's bugfix compendium, since his patch is not compatible with mine. That'll make some changes in C2, but I'm going to try to make the changes without re-ordering things too much.

HOWEVER, I have made changes to the equipment, items, and the descriptions for all of them, so if you try to patch over the top of mine, it'll screw up the text pointers.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some final code requests (and screenshots) - by PowerPanda - 08-06-2018, 02:06 PM