Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(08-05-2018, 08:17 PM)Lightning Wrote: Now I just need to find out if anyone knows how to solve the Rage/Ninja bug (also present in the original FF3).  This is the bug in which Gau continually takes steps forward while using a water edge with the Ninja rage (eventually walking across the whole battle field).  Has anyone ever fixed this bug?

Actually your info is a little off, this is not a bug with the original game because they didn't give Ninja's Rage set any besides Water Edge and Water Edge is fine, there is no extra step. I see it is however an issue with General Leo Edition because Ninja has access to Fire Scroll and Bolt Scroll, which has this extra step issue. So while it might be considered a bug, it's a hidden one in vanilla and not intended to be used by Rage.

That extra step is needed for the actual Throw animation (besides Water Scroll I guess) because it normally has the character taking an extra step back afterwords to correct the step forward, but for Rage it is different. If you were to edit the actual animation script of these other scrolls to not do the extra step, that'd work, but then it'd mess up Shadow's Throw version of them where he'd be a step back each time... So some custom code of some kind would need to be made to check for which character is using it, and then somehow alter the animation script, or something.

If it were me I'd just put the Ninja back to using Water Scroll and not worry about it, as fixing the bug just for one Rage is not worth the trouble imo.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some final code requests (and screenshots) - by Gi Nattak - 08-06-2018, 12:38 AM