Users browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)
Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
Did it.  There was a call in the ASM to code that was undocumented, which is what originally tripped me up when I tried to work it out with the raw hex (it jumps to a subroutine hundreds of bytes beyond, and I couldn't figure out what that subroutine did).  This time around, I just tacked that subroutine onto the end of everything else and repointed to it, and it works.

Without the ASM, I had also missed the draw data table for the 'empty' slot, as well as a three-argument JMP command (I'd never seen that before, used to seeing 4C XX XX, not 5C YY YY YY).

Anyway, that's all useless blather since it's working now.  Attached are the clean GogoScroll patches as well as v0.96 of the full roster hack.  It should be good to go... after some testing of course.

GogoScroll uses freespace EF/FBC8 to EF/FE59.
I'm unsure if this free space has been used by other hacks, but it was empty in Full Roster v0.8.  Hopefully it won't conflict with something else in your hack.

EDIT: FYI, all I did for this was relocate and repoint hex values. If you use it, be sure to credit user Myself086, who actually wrote this code.

Attached Files
.zip  GogoScroll.zip (1.07 KB, 12 downloads)
.zip  full roster - v0.96.zip (115.06 KB, 23 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • PowerPanda (02-01-2020), Robo Jesus (02-04-2020), Subtraction (02-01-2020), xDaygo (03-31-2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack - by C-Dude - 02-01-2020, 02:44 AM