Users browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)
Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Just as an update to this:

* The backbone of this is Hatzen's Full Roster hack. His latest release is v.10. This hack adds the ability to select characters $0E/$0F on the party select screen, gives Profiles $0E/$0F the ability to equip in and out of battle, and moves the "Merit Award" and "Active While Imp" flags to unused equipment property bits, freeing up those flags for characters equipment. I have made the following edits to it:
- The event bits that add Characters $0E and $0F have been updated to 0FE and 0FF
- All characters are able to participate in the final battle.
- I have cut out the Shop Screen re-draw portion of Hatzen's Full Roster hack and separated it out into a separate, optional ASM. For now, the main hack simply won't show the other two characters on the shop screen.
- I have created a supplemental IPS that moves the Merit Award and Imp flag to their new property bits and removes all weapon/armor flags for 0E/0F. However, I have given 0E/0F the ability to equip all of the "general" relics.
*Another important piece of this is an ASM hack from Madsuir that allows the names of characters $0E/$0F to be pulled into dialogue. I have expanded this ASM to also allow all profiles to get a naming screen and use the Rename Card.
* B-Run's MMMMMagic patch is the third piece of the puzzle, and the one that I haven't finished yet. Here is what I am working on .
- I am looking to see if I can relocate enough code to use this hack without expanding the ROM.
- MMMMMagic doesn't take Desperation Attacks into account. I am working on a D.A. hack that lets all characters share 2 desperation attacks.
* I have finished off my sprite expansion hack that allows all current guest characters to have Chocobo/Magitek riding sprites, and also corrects a few graphical glitches in the base rom.

In addition to ASM work, there is a great deal of Event Work that needs to be done that I am working on. Here is a progress list.
* I have fully moved Banon to Profile $22 and Leo to Profile $23, updating the "Banon Fell" flag and the animations on the Ultros Raft battle cutscene & the Leo vs. Kefka battle cutscene accordingly. As a personal touch, I also updated Mog from the "Choose a Scenario, Kupo" screen to write to character slot $0A rather than character slot $0D, because for me, that actually screwed up my hack.
* I am working on a standalone hack that removes the party split-up from Cyan's Nightmare. This is necessary because the 3 stooges map is maxed out on NPCs, and cannot handle 4 more. As a plus, this gives me plenty of room to expand subroutines as necessary.
* I have identified the subroutines that need expansion. I need to wait until I finish the Cyan's Dream hack before I can start work on them though.
* I will also be pre-building the events to add characters $0E and $0F to your team. That way, hackers can just call the subroutine to add them to their party.

With the event out of the way, pretty much the only thing left until an initial release will be to figure out Gogo's subscreen, which GrayShadows is working on right now. After that, it'll be up to anyone who wants to tackle the OAM expansion. All in all, I think it's a safe estimate to say we'll probably have a beta out by September.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • madsiur (07-23-2018), NPCnextdoor (07-23-2018)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack - by PowerPanda - 07-23-2018, 05:31 PM