Users browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)
Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(07-11-2018, 12:11 AM)madsiur Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 11:05 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: HAH! I knew if I posted publicly asking for help, I'd immediately find the answer to question 4. I BELIEVE it is C3/8AC6 I just need to change it from "CMP 0E/ C9-0E" to "CMP 10/ C9-10"

Yep that's it! There may be a check for regular naming (e.g on recruit) screen but there is no possibility in vanilla game so there could be none as well, or the same code path you pointed out is used, I'm not sure.
That 1-byte change allowed me to use event command $98 (invoke name change screen) on profiles $0E and $0F. It's working!
However, there's one more thing that I just noticed. Event flags 2EE (1EDD:6) and 2EF (1EDD:7) allow Gogo's status screen to check Actors 0E and 0F for useable abilities. So, in my test, I made Jump and Health useable by Gogo, then gave the abilities to Actors 0E and 0F. I found that they worked correctly on Gogo's screen, but that with a full roster, the display was way off. Both displayed on the correct horizontal axis, but the vertical axis put them on the far left, overlaying Gogo's Mag.Pwr stat. The second command was cut off on the bottom of the screen.
The behavior is a bit more difficult to describe. First off, on Gogo's list, there is space for 16 lines. With a complete roster of original characters, 15 of those lines are taken. 1 empty line for removing the ability, 3 for Fight/Magic/Item, the 12 mimicable abilities (Steal/Capture, SwdTech, Throw, Tools, Blitz, Runic, Lore, Sketch/Control, Slot/GP Rain, Dance, & Rage), and then 1 empty slot. If you have 2 more commands on his list, the cursor will go to the empty slot for the first. If you press "A", it will load the ability from character 0E. Then, if you press "down" again, the cursor will move back to the left onto the original command you selected to be replaced. If you press "A" here, it will load the ability from slot "0F". Note that if you remove abilities (such as making "Dance" and "Rage" unavailable to Gogo), these display and operate correctly.
I've got some ideas of how to address this, but I want to take a look a the code first.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack - by PowerPanda - 07-11-2018, 10:32 AM