Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I tested it tonight actually Laugh
It does in fact work in the sense that it removes the glitchyness that having a non-normal main character on the save screen caused, and allows you to load a main character sprite up to Kefka, which is the last one normally. But, the thing I'm wondering now is I don't see any way to get a non-main character/custom sprite to load up, all the values up to like $F0 are accounted for the tile index byte, and so far I can't figure out a way to load anything elsewhere in the ROM. So the OAM is expanded and it doesn't look all glitchy, the save menu, but there seems to be no way to load some sprite that's not in the main character range of spritesheets. Is there something else to this I wonder?

Also one other thing I noticed when testing this, is the party select menu (narshe battle, airship, etc.) is glitched out. Removing just this OAM patch brought it back to working correctly. Shop windows however are not glitchy, but the new characters aren't showing up in them either.. which I don't mind but I'd guess the intent of the expansion would be for that as well?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack - by Gi Nattak - 07-11-2018, 07:04 AM