Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-10-2018, 11:05 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: HAH! I knew if I posted publicly asking for help, I'd immediately find the answer to question 4. I BELIEVE it is C3/8AC6 I just need to change it from "CMP 0E/ C9-0E" to "CMP 10/ C9-10"

Yep that's it! There may be a check for regular naming (e.g on recruit) screen but there is no possibility in vanilla game so there could be none as well, or the same code path you pointed out is used, I'm not sure.

One thig that will be required is roster / save / shop OAM expansion but this is sprite based, however only sprite $00-$0D have the full data and pointers. I've made an expansion for RotDS but it's an ASM file that won't compile alone but there are some good notes you can use and look at the structure. I'm still not sure if such an expansion work fully because Gi Nattak is the tester. Right now it theoretically allow 64 sprites to have the 2x 9 bytes of OAM data, the same sprite $00-$0D currently have.

It's cool to see someone picking up this part of the full roster hack, hopefully a full working patch will come out of this : )

I'll come back to you on your other points tomorrow, it's been a long work night for me!

Edit: OAM data placeholders $31 and $FF should be changed to what they are supposed to be, which I don't know : P

.zip  oam.zip (4.22 KB, 5 downloads)
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack - by madsiur - 07-11-2018, 12:11 AM