Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Balanced stat tips

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Depends really on if you're planning on keeping the existing damage formulas, as they are considered to be broken, especially in terms of magic being considerably favorable over physical attacks, especially the magic stat compared to vigor, or any of the others really. There's some patches that attempt to address many of these imbalances and brokenness of the stats, but it's not that easy to do when considering all the stat-raising items, and esper bonuses etc. Many thing need to be taken into consideration when working out the overall balance. Also depends if you're going for a hardcore class approach. In general, though, lowering characters magic stat is a good first step as it can get pumped up to a ridiculous amount thus ushering in 9999 damage very easily, for all characters. I'd maybe recommend at first to lower all the character stats, but then make it obviously raised more for their intended class stat, which FF6 already does basically, but just do it more...unless it's magic.

I guess if you feel like something is OP, then simply nerf it lol. I also agree it's nonsensical really for Bolt to cost more than Ice, which costs more (just 1 MP, but still) than Fire... I'm not too sure the reasoning behind that other than maybe Bolt is more useful and powerful for the many robotic monsters this game has, but using that theory I'd say Fire should then cost more than Ice... Again though, if you're not a fan of that it can be changed in under 5 minutes.

I'd look into using one of the speed up Bushido patches that exist, it will make Cyan obviously that much more useful. The overall speed of the bar can be edited to your liking as well.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
Balanced stat tips - by CzarMalboro - 05-29-2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by Gi Nattak - 05-30-2018, 10:21 AM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by Odbarc - 05-30-2018, 08:58 PM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by CzarMalboro - 05-31-2018, 11:51 PM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by Warrax - 06-01-2018, 07:17 PM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by CzarMalboro - 06-02-2018, 08:20 AM