Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rom hacking questions

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
Lots of good information.
Quote:I'm not entirely sure the command will even show up in battle for another character without altering the code for who gets it.
Bothersome. I'll attempt it anyway but I'm not expecting it to appear before the airship. I figured I could put it on Mog and no one would be the wiser.

Quote:8
You answered it just fine. ^_^

Quote:Changes like what exactly? Animation changes? Trying to make 'custom spell animations' from combining values from other spells is hit or miss and can definitely break the game.
Yeah. I kind of what to redo all the skills or as many as possible.
One part mainly animation but I could probably work around some of those but also to have thematic purposes.
One idea is that Swordtech is shared between two characters but Cyan will have access to spells taught to him by the weapons he uses that will only be used by him. "Advanced Swordtech" stuff.
Same with Sabin. Blitz and Magic where his Magic would be "Advanced Blitz" stuff.
Then a third character hasn't Magic, but Blitz and Swordtech. (I think I've tested this. Character 3 cannot learn more Blitz or Swordtechs until Sabin or Cyan learn them.)

It shouldn't obstruct my ability plans too much. And knowing I can redo Cure 2 and turn that into some other spell and make it Health (and Shock, respectively) can help me make up one or two characters. It'll be a little big hectic to really find out what can and cannot be changed.
I know a few of the "regular" spells like Fire, Ice, Bolt; 1, 2, 3 and spells similar to them can be changed without problems but the bigger "hits everyone" like W.Wind, Ultima, Quake aren't so nice.

Ideally, I want to remove as many barrier piercing abilities so they don't replace everything else before it for the late game. Just spamming the best abilities once you have them kind of takes away from potential strategy in battle.

Sometimes the funnest parts of the game are when you're low level and need to actually plan ahead for a boss battle and whatnot. I mentioned it before, but Return of the Sorcerer does this REALLY well.
If anyone's interested, I could probably list out my change-wishes I'll (hopefully eventually) make for myself (and hopefully other people too).

Messages In This Thread
Rom hacking questions - by Odbarc - 05-09-2018, 10:16 AM
RE: Rom hacking questions - by Gi Nattak - 05-09-2018, 12:57 PM
RE: Rom hacking questions - by Cecil188 - 05-09-2018, 07:15 PM
RE: Rom hacking questions - by Odbarc - 05-10-2018, 08:00 PM