Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Help/Question] Zone Doctor, States/Debuffs, Item Names

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
1. Zone Doctor changes ALL subroutines that happen in the current event to bank CA, including ones dependent on an event bit. So if it said "Call subroutine CB1234", the hex for that would be B2 34 12 01. However, Zone Doctor unilaterally changes the last byte to "00" (Bank CA), so the final hex says B2 34 12 00. You have to edit the events and then use a hex editor to manually fix them. Typically, I create the event, save it to a brand new rom file, manually fix all of the subroutines, and then copy/paste that portion of the data into my project file.

2. Cool. I wouldn't know how to do this.

3. The trick with the items is that they actually have a blank space in front of them where the equipment would have the knife/helmet/armor icon. When you sort the items, it sorts them in order of these front icons. The trick is that the blank space doesn't correlate to the space bar. I haven't yet figured out which of the blank spaces it is. However, what you can do in FF3usME is backspace out the name of the item, but LEAVE THIS FRONT SPACE INTACT.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Blunderpuggs (11-20-2017)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Help/Question] Zone Doctor, States/Debuffs, Item Names - by PowerPanda - 11-20-2017, 10:28 PM