Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Raiden to Leviathan?" and "New Battlefield?"

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
It's also, frankly, a really underwhelming animation. Hence having Leviathan show up and then just calling the animation for Cleansweep... which is in my opinion one of the best-animated spells in the game.

Thanks for the tips. I have made an excel file of all of the Battle Backgrounds and their offsets, which in the future I'll clean up and submit to the wiki. I have also mapped out the dances for each battlefield, and found some surprises. For example, did you know that Water Rondo is also available on the Raft and the Waterfall backgrounds, even though you never bring Mog to them?

Anyway, I have a mockup tested and working. I made the following changes:
Code:
Set Battle Background 49 ($31) to the Blue Cave
E7/0126  91 FF 09 03 03 02

Learn Water Rondo on this Battle Background
ED/8E8C  05

I'm going to clean up this code a bit and insert it as the Ancient Cave's Battle Background, then play around with the palettes to see if I can make this background not an exact replica of a previous one. Then, I'll submit the hack to Romhacking.net.

I also have the Leviathan sprite from FFV loaded into the rom in place of Raiden. I chose the FFV sprite because it didn't have the washed-out colors of FFVI Advance. When the summon is loaded, the back 1/3 is cut off, but when he zooms across the screen, it becomes visible. I'll be in touch within the next couple of days about that animation.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Raiden to Leviathan?" and "New Battlefield?" - by PowerPanda - 10-25-2017, 06:50 PM