Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Newbie Finally Figures Something Out (NOT a help request)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 238
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
My first event edits were simple but it did too a time to understand most of the things. I think the key is baby steps and increase difficulty every time you succeed. As B-Run stated, having the right documentation is one of the key aspect of modding, one thing I kinda dislike is having to point out the use of a document to a person multiple time for different uses. Another key is not giving up, in last resort start a thread so you can get help but finding the solution yourself is more satisfying.

(09-27-2016, 11:46 AM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I'm pretty sure Madsiur was the only one born with the knowledge of how to edit events.

Yes! Kappa!

Seriously, hex editing came somewhat quickly but I did repeat XjcsX first event tutorial like 3 time trying each time to do what he was doing. When I got it right I moved to the second one. After that I tried bigger and bigger event edits until I've reach a somewhat good understanding of it. I also spent some decent time on some commands like the timers testing them with different parameters to understand what could be possible. Then I stopped events mainly because I was not continuing my hack so I lost a bit the flow I had.

Edit: @Turbotastic, I edited your font back to normal. While it's not against a rule it was somewhat annoying and looked problematic for you too...
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Turbotastic (09-28-2016)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Finally Figures Something Out (NOT a help request) - by madsiur - 09-27-2016, 01:47 PM