Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
It seems that I did not understand the code as well as I thought. Not only did I misunderstand the details, I didn't understand what the operator actually did.

assassin, I am especially grateful for your thorough input. Thank you for the disassembly in the first place, and for all the additional explanations you provided.

Edit: I wanted to clarify something I wrote earlier in this thread, because I did not write it clearly. Through selective blanking out of the code in C2, I was able to make all of the spells available and usable during battle, whether known or not.

Code:
C2/55A3: EA EA
C2/55A5: EA EA

Code:
C2/56EC: EA EA
C2/56EE: EA EA

Code:
C2/570C: EA EA
C2/570E: EA
C2/570F: EA EA
C2/5711: EA
C2/5712: EA EA
C2/5714: EA EA

By removing all the checks for whether a spell is known or not and NOP-ing the code that blanks out unknown spells, all spells are usable in battle.

It is also possible to "learn" magic because whether a spell is known or not is separate from whether it appears in the menu. That information is stored separately.

It isn't worth bumping the thread to add this, but I thought I should make it clear.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code - by dn - 09-21-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code - by Turbotastic - 10-19-2016, 12:47 AM