Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
I'm just working with C3 for this example, so I'm just looking at the "outside of battle menu." But I was able to cast the eligible spells from the menu and they worked as they normally would.

I'll try on another emulator to just confirm it wasn't just the one I was using, but it DID work.

Edit: I did try with both a different emulator and a fresh local copy where I made the changes. I can confirm the spells are usable from the menu.

[Image: 3yfPKIr.png]

Magic list displays as normal, but when you press Y...

[Image: qSZediN.png]
SUCCESS!!  Let's repeat.

[Image: 6zSRKBb.png]

Again with no Y...no spell...but press Y...

[Image: A0Bf1aq.png]

...and the spell is added to the list! (Note, the 0 in MP cost is displayed if the cursor does not move, but if you move the cursor, the correct cost is displayed. This part IS buggy, though.)

Yes, the spells work...

[Image: 0vmXA8f.png]
[Image: J0LZP7h.png]

What I was trying to do was figure out how to get the list of spells to appear without pressing Y, and while I can do that by removing the branch...that forces the MP cost to be displayed all the time. I can live with it, though, and I might figure it out myself. I'm taking baby steps here.

And speaking of baby steps, just blanking C3/4FE0 and C3/4FE2 has no effect while blanking C3/4FE7 and C3/4FE9 seems to have the same effect as described, which indicates the latter code is responsible.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code - by dn - 09-21-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code - by Turbotastic - 10-12-2016, 08:05 PM