Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
Sorry, I edited the post above after you posted.

Given that the code was allegedly blanking out the spells that aren't learned I was playing around to see if it was just blanking out the display, or if it were blanking out the use of those spells themselves. At least when you press the Y button, the code was doing the latter, essentially. It is possible for a spell to be used when it isn't learned by an actor. I was trying to see how this could be done without being stuck on that specific display. If it's obviously not at all practical, I can procreed with a non-standard menu.

I know I'd have to miles more work and custom ASM work, but I was trying to figure out if there is an equivalent for the standard display.

I realize I wasn't being clear.  In C3, I first changed the existing HEX

Code:
C3/4FE0:    C9FF        
C3/4FE2:    F036        
C3/4FE4:    20A250      
C3/4FE7:    C9FF    
C3/4FE9:    D02F    

to

Code:
C3/4FE0:    EAEA       
C3/4FE2:    EAEA       
C3/4FE4:    20A250      
C3/4FE7:    EAEA    
C3/4FE9:    EAEA    

This led to every spell being listed in the menu as fully learned (and behaving as such) when Y was pressed. Note that partially learned spells are still considered partially learned according to the Espers and presumanly wherever this information is stored. However, the spells themselves were usable from the menu.

I then changed the Hex here...

Code:
C3/4FD5: F067

...to...

Code:
C3/4FD5: EAEA

I removed the branch, and Magic screen behaved as if Y was being pressed.

Obviously this does not carry over into battle (although I played around there a little and can confirm it is possible for a spell to be added to an actor's menu for use AND for them to learn the unlearned spell normally), but I just wanted to be more straightforward.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code - by dn - 09-21-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code - by Turbotastic - 10-12-2016, 07:15 PM