Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Sleep
Can you provide info on what changes you made and a summary of the results?  That would help a bit when trying to diagnose what is happening.

In order to get a spell to display it needs to be marked as learned.  You shouldn't really need to change the display code, you would have to change the code that decides when a spell is learned.  In almost all cases spells are learned after battle, this code is in C2.  In this case spells include Magic, SwdTechs, Blitzes, and Lores as well.

If you are trying to allow spells to be available even if they aren't in the actor's spell list, we would need to first think of a way that you would trigger making that spell available otherwise. This would likely involve some coding that would interfere with the current system in place. Unfortunately I don't think it would be easy as It would be difficult to have spells marked both as not learned and learned at the same time.

A good point of study would be Hatzen08's Imbued Magic patch.  It replaces the current system with only allowing spells to be learned when an esper or item is equipped.  Once the item or esper is unequipped the spell is removed.  This also has the side effect of removing natural magic entirely.  I believe this was for space reasons but there are also some logistical issues to consider with it that make having both difficult at the same time.

EDIT: By logistical issues I mean overriding spell lists.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Xontract for this post:
  • Turbotastic (12-10-2017)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code - by dn - 09-21-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Newbie Still Doesn't Understand Code - by Xontract - 10-12-2016, 06:32 PM