Users browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)
Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Ok, I'll use the double characters approach, then. The other day I remade the "=" character into "ie" using FF3usME, but that just gave me "S=gf=d" in the menu screen. So it's already clear that's not enough.

(05-27-2016, 04:19 AM)dn Wrote: Editing VWF is a bit harder. FF3usME has a VWF editor, but only for what's available in vanilla. I've little doubt you'd need to move the VWF font to add in any multi-letter equivalents, which means finding any references to it in the game. You'd also need to figure out how it's dealing with conversion, since dialogue and menu text use different tables.

Would I need to move the VFW font to replace a character? I wouldn't have to really add a new character, just replace an old one.

Also, is it possible that the characters on the menu screen are monowidth? They kind of look like that to me.

In any case, we've already established that the menu doesn't reference the same table used by the dialogue. So even if I edit the font in FF3usME that won't have any effect on the menu screens. On that note, Poco Loco's GBA font patch replaces both the dialogue and menu screen characters so they share the same style. I take it he didn't achieve this by simply editing the font through FF3usME, like I was trying to do. No, that would be ineffective -- he did something else in addition to that. If I can find exactly what it was, I could use it to model the changes I need to do.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch - by FF6Fanatic - 05-23-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch - by B-Run - 05-23-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch - by dn - 05-26-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch - by dn - 05-27-2016, 04:19 AM
RE: Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch - by FF6Fanatic - 05-27-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch - by dn - 05-27-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch - by dn - 05-27-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: Tentative Runic -> SwdMagic patch - by dn - 05-27-2016, 07:46 PM