Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Having the option to use Vigor in some spells

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(05-09-2016, 01:28 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: I've been testing more and more the tweak, and while I am certainly satisfied, I would like to request something.

Battle power of the weapons have to be adjusted really low to not pulverize the early game. For example, I have the Mytrhil Sword have 6 battle power (instead of the original 38) to deal around 40 damage with a character with average vigor.

While no big deal, this makes the battle power seem really low compared to most stats, specially the neighboring defense stat (that at early levels goes to 100). I also feel that, by lowering the damage a weapon gives, it would make vigor even stand out more...I think.

Would having the damage formula something like
Battle Power * 2 + (Level * Vigor * Battle Power) / 32 do something resemble what I'm describing, or am I pipe dreaming?

If you can't do anything, no big deal. I'll just stick with my current formula, as it is working quite great, if I say so myself.

Thanks

Well, I would start by lowering starting Vigor for characters along with increasing physical defense on enemies; this would allow you to increase Battle Power on weapons a bit. 

Enemies in vanilla generally have more magical defense than physical, probably because magic is quite powerful. It's something like 100Def/150Mdef. With the physical side matching the magic side, it makes sense to adjust enemies' Def to match their Mdef.

Your request would have a very small effect on damage, but it is very easy to fulfill. Note that it affects magic, too.

Add in these lines to the .asm file and reapply it. 

Code:
org $C22B78
NOP

With your Mythril Knife example, this would reduce damage by a grand total of 12. Tongue

Glad to hear you're making good use of this tweak. I'll be interested to see how things develop and how you balance this thing. I tried a quick and dirty method of scaling Battle Power down to max out at 99, and applied it to everything except enemies. I'm still dealing insane damage with, for example, Suplex. I really think increasing enemy defense (and removing Ignore Defense from most things) would help balance things out.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having the option to use Vigor in some spells - by seibaby - 05-09-2016, 06:41 PM