Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Having the option to use Vigor in some spells

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(05-08-2016, 03:21 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I don't code enough to be called an expert. At best I'm pre-intermediate level (so you should consider yourself I think). I still forget a lot of flag setting / clearing by a lot of opcodes, there's still opcode I have no idea what they do and when debugging I still have bugs such as a 8-bit LDA instruction expected but the accumulator is 16-bit.

I don't code at all except in 65x assembly. Smile
I've been meaning to learn something like python or C but it feels pretty overwhelming. With 65x it was just kind of a natural progression of my desire to mod FFVI. 

I look up instructions and flags all the time. I always keep a 65816 reference open in a tab when I code. Before I learnt to use xkas I would write code and then look up opcodes and enter them into Windhex by hand!  Many of the source files for my patches are still in the same format as the disassemblies because of this.

I just finished a project where mismatching m and x flags inbetween calls, along with stack mismatches, were the bane of my existence. It was frustrating but a good learning experience.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having the option to use Vigor in some spells - by seibaby - 05-08-2016, 11:03 PM