Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Having the option to use Vigor in some spells

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(05-06-2016, 07:33 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: 1) No. As you can see in my post above, my rom has a header and "header" is not commented.
2) Not that either. My rom before applying the patch has a big bunch of FF (around 150 bytes) empty at the adress you gave me.
3) Sorry for being a bit mean, but that doesn't make any sense. If any patch but the Ultimate Damage fix would not work with your patch, then why do they do? Without the UDf my game runs smoothly with the new vigor formula.

I've been being extra careful about not doing weird things after the second time I corrupted my rom, so I doubt something is wrong with it. Also, I think you made a typo in your last post and meant to say "no part of my patch is incompatible with", because your post wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Wow, this sounded unnecesarily mean. I'm sorry. I'm going to apply your asm to a clean rom (with the ultimate damage fix) and see if it works.

A clean rom (that has FF FF in the offsets you pointed) with both ultimate damage patch and your asm work still crashes once a character gets a turn. Ouch.

No offense taken. I think we both misunderstood each other. I thought you were still having problems with my patch after you removed the Ultimate Damage fix and I attempted to give possible reasons why that may be, the most likely one being other patches. If you haven't had problems with other patches and my patch, then it's all good. However, you should know that, if something should happen to your ROM so that you'll have to revert to a backup, it's still possible to extract changes you've made to stuff like item stats and monster scripts.

Sorry, but no typo. Ultimate Damage fix will definitely NOT work with my patch. If you try using both, the game will definitely crash, as you discovered. It doesn't have anything to do with free space (the Ultimate Damage fix uses none); they modify the same code and aren't compatible. The Ultimate damage fix rewrites every part of the damage code completely, moves things around, etc, and my patch relies on all of that being unchanged.

(05-06-2016, 07:33 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: (oooh double post of doom. Very scary!) Okay, after testing seibaby's vigor normalizer patch, I can assure it works wonders, even if it allows slighty less variety for the early monsters' attack power (with the stamina tweak disabled, early enemies can't have more than 3 or 4 Bat. Power and level 5 or 6, or else they deal way too much damage).

However, I seem to have noticed a small issue that's more annoying than anything, and it's that it seems characters dealing damage is kinda...too aleatory. For example I have Terra (with 36 Vigor and 9 Battle Power) deal a somewhat consistent 70 damage on one enemy, but other times the damage goes from 49 to 82. Likewise, My Pummel equivalent seems to do damage that varies from 110 to 148. I'm wondering if it is possible to reduce the random damage somewhat, what do you think?

Yeah, enemies doing too much damage was the reason I changed their Vigor formula, so that earlier monsters would have less Vigor. I can modify it to be dependent on Level or some other stat if you prefer. And yeah, Battle Power makes a huge difference now.

The random damage isn't modified in my patch, it should be within the normal (Damage * [224..256] / 256) variance. If you're seeing varying damage on different enemies, it could be due to differences in Defense. If damage varies more than 12,5%, then something isn't working as it should. Note that, if you're hitting an enemy in the back, damage is increased by 50%.

(05-07-2016, 08:25 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: What is this sorcery

This all sounds very strange. Have you tested if it happens on a vanilla ROM with ONLY my patch applied? It's difficult to troubleshoot when there are other patches and edits in the mix.

If it does happen with only my patch applied, I'll have to take a closer look. If not, then it's because one or more of your other patches conflict with mine. You'll have to keep adding one patch at a time, with testing inbetween, until you discover the culprit.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having the option to use Vigor in some spells - by seibaby - 05-07-2016, 11:44 PM