Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Having the option to use Vigor in some spells

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
1) No. As you can see in my post above, my rom has a header and "header" is not commented.
2) Not that either. My rom before applying the patch has a big bunch of FF (around 150 bytes) empty at the adress you gave me.
3) Sorry for being a bit mean, but that doesn't make any sense. If any patch but the Ultimate Damage fix would not work with your patch, then why do they do? Without the UDf my game runs smoothly with the new vigor formula.

I've been being extra careful about not doing weird things after the second time I corrupted my rom, so I doubt something is wrong with it. Also, I think you made a typo in your last post and meant to say "no part of my patch is incompatible with", because your post wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Wow, this sounded unnecesarily mean. I'm sorry. I'm going to apply your asm to a clean rom (with the ultimate damage fix) and see if it works.

A clean rom (that has FF FF in the offsets you pointed) with both ultimate damage patch and your asm work still crashes once a character gets a turn. Ouch.

(oooh double post of doom. Very scary!) Okay, after testing seibaby's vigor normalizer patch, I can assure it works wonders, even if it allows slighty less variety for the early monsters' attack power (with the stamina tweak disabled, early enemies can't have more than 3 or 4 Bat. Power and level 5 or 6, or else they deal way too much damage).

However, I seem to have noticed a small issue that's more annoying than anything, and it's that it seems characters dealing damage is kinda...too aleatory. For example I have Terra (with 36 Vigor and 9 Battle Power) deal a somewhat consistent 70 damage on one enemy, but other times the damage goes from 49 to 82. Likewise, My Pummel equivalent seems to do damage that varies from 110 to 148. I'm wondering if it is possible to reduce the random damage somewhat, what do you think?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having the option to use Vigor in some spells - by Kugawattan - 05-06-2016, 07:33 PM