Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Restored Ability Names (Update)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(04-04-2022, 12:30 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: If I applied the wrong one, can I apply the other and it'll overwrite the relevant data that should not have been changed?

While I'm not sure, I highly doubt it - it's never usually the case.
One option could be to just apply Imzogelmo's Multi-Steal Fix, then apply the MS version of this Restored Ability Names, because it needs to be applied after Multi-Steal: https://www.angelfire.com/al2/imzogelmo/patches.html
I think this would be okay to do, please someone correct me if I'm wrong and be sure to keep a backup. If you do not wish to apply the Multi Fix patch, then you could probably create an 'anti-patch', by patching whichever Restored Ability Names patch you applied to a clean ROM, then make a patch using that ROM as a base and another clean ROM as the 'modified' one, then a patch will be created that will restore just that data associated with this patch to how it was.

Looking at the readme, there is just a couple lines that seem to be all it is for the MS version:
  *In Imzogelmo's Multi-Steal Fix:
   C1/601A is moved to C1/5FD8
   C1/6031 is moved to C1/5FE0

You could manually adjust the bytes back, though I'm not 100% sure at the moment without testing if this is in fact all that is taken into account for the MS version, or what exactly reverting this entails... hopefully someone else or SilentEnigma can confirm this or maybe just list exactly what is needed to be reverted to make it the non-MS patch, if it's not too much. Not to sound like a broken record, but it's extremely important to always check out the readme and if there's multiple patches included, make real sure you know which one you should apply... it's 2022 after all, the days of not knowing what exactly a patch does and/or which patch to use should be over lol. Though mistakes happen, and I've certainly done it as well... I'm looking at you every one of Leet Sketcher's patches!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: Restored Ability Names (Update) - by Gi Nattak - 04-04-2022, 12:00 PM