Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Restored Ability Names (Update)

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
(04-03-2022, 01:02 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Another note, as I go into the hex to change my names, I notice "Katon", "Suiton", "Raijin", and "Holy Sword". I assume the first three are Shadow's Skeans and Holy Sword is meant to replace Shock? I don't know about Shock, but the other three don't work, the ability is still named "X-Skean" in battle.

"Holy Sword" should be something like "Ice Storm" or "Snowstorm".
So that is an outright error -- good eye.

"Katon", "Suiton" and "Raijin" here are the enemy abilities, and they ought to match the names of the throwing items in a finished project. But when Shadow throws an item, it just displays the item name. This hack doesn't deal much with item names, so you would have to update those yourself if you want them to match. (Items start at D2/B300)

(04-03-2022, 01:02 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Another glitch - the Magitek names show up fine in the menu, but the battle text shows the text currently in Spell 15, which is "Cyclon" in usME. Not sure what I did but yeah.

I was able to get a similar issue by applying the "-MS" (Multi-Steal Fix compatibility) variant on vanilla FF3us. Maybe that's the problem?

This patch is on a "legacy support" track from my perspective, so I do not intend to expand the scope to Item names, etc. However, I think I'm going to do a 2.0 release soon just to put some of this other stuff to bed.

Coming soon:
  • No more "Basic" / "Full" variant
    • Main patch will keep class names on the main menu; add-on will remove them
    • Other changes from the Full variant will stay
  • LeetSketcher's Blitz Screen included
  • MP cost display in upper right corner for the Esper list
  • Fix lingering name error(s)
  • Patches for unheadered ROMs
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • DrakeyC (04-03-2022)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: Restored Ability Names (Update) - by SilentEnigma - 04-03-2022, 09:34 PM