Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Which Patches Seem Good But Are Bugged?

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Weakness
My "Not Scary" patch is really not intended to be used with literally any other patch, I think I even said that in my patch description. It is fugly as hell because it hard-codes changes to in-progress animations, which is a terrible, terrible hackish way to do it but I didn't know any better at the time.

Gogo & the Cursed Shileld is, as assassin said, the bane of my existence. It's still buggy to this day. I don't remember what is wrong with it exactly, but it should be relatively easy for someone with a little assembly knowledge to back out and fix.

Separation of Powers is, as far as I know, just fine to use. It does consume a lot of space for it's relatively limited purposes (though it could be more useful in hacks), but if you want to do a major revamp of the battle engine, you need to do something like we did in Pandora's Box and just give the upper part of C2 its own, whole bank (no need to move the lower C2 part). From many years of looking at this game, and following the bug fixes made by several good folks, I can say that few of the functions in C2 are not buggy in some way, so moving it to a clean bank is really not the worst idea. Plus, there are so many other engine tweaks that I've seen requested over and over again, especially modifying the damage formulas, that it just makes sense to me to give it as much room as possible and make the engine able to handle both old and new styles in parallel. It could really be built into a much richer development environment.

The same can be said of the event engine to some extent as well; see my comments about adding event commands in other threads. The subscreen menu system, on the other hand, needs very little change to it. Unless you're adding new config options (which is really fun) or simply expanding the length of fixed length strings, there's not a whole lot of enhancement to be done there (but yes, there are still several bug fixes to do, but most of them are actually fairly simple).

I'd actually love to see the community come up with a vanilla FF6 version 1.2, with bug fixes galore. There's a couple hundred known bugs and most of them have been or could easily be fixed with the state of knowledge now. I know it probably can never happen, but it would be nice.

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Patches Seem Good But Are Bugged? - by Imzogelmo - 05-06-2016, 12:41 AM