Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Princess Zelda sprite, WIP, advice appreciated

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
It's not a bad start, though there's a lot of improvement to be done. This is all I can give advice on right now.
* One of the things I figured out early with this spriting stuff is that you need to have some reference pictures of Zelda and use her LTTP sprites as a reference as well, but don't copy and paste them over Terra's sprites because they are really different from each other.
* Determine your pallete colors early, in fact this should be the first thing you should do. Use the video game sprite(the Zelda LTTP one to determine what your colors are going to be.
* Study other FF6 style sprites, like the ones of the original characters, especially females and how their hair looks in their forward facing and side facing sprites. Also look at FF6 characters that have dresses and how they move. Zelda in LTTP kind of reminds me of what Celes looked like in the opera scene in FF6. Also study them to understand the shading patterns.
* Try to find a base for the character you want to sprite. Terra or Celes are good bases for Zelda. Then look at the sprite you are basing Zelda off of and then start spriting the character.
* The side sprites need work, Zelda head looks rather bloated from the side, that needs to be fixed along with the hair. Look at Terra and Celes sprites from the side and the front, and base your spriting off of that.
* Make sure your sprites animations are consistent and smooth.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Princess Zelda sprite, WIP, advice appreciated - by CrumpledMedal - 02-14-2016, 11:00 PM