Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spell Number Calculations

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Having an issue with spells being calculated, I've already made adjustmemts to get around the spell cast not being calculated (so that 00 is Fire1, not Firebeam or Ramah, etc) however the spells being listed in the battle window are still being calculated, made to start at spell # other than 0.

The table for what commamds to calculate starting spell number is at C2/4EC3, but as I said that only effects the spell cast, not the spell listed in the opened commamd window. I've been through the Magitek code as many times as I can read it and still can't find anything that says to calculate spell numbers based off of the value of 83(first spell for MagiTek) in the window drawing code.

Not even sure exactly if there is another table like C2/4EC3 that is for window drawing/filling purposes, or if its inline with the Command's code.

Anhbody run into this kinda stuff before?

Okay, so it wasn't calculating the spells, it was loading the wrong text.

Go figure they have a whole table at C1/6414 just for the loading the spell names, completely seperate of loading the actual spells to use, that loads just the text into the menu. So even though the command was reading the number and loading the proper spells, the text was still being loaded based on a different table/starting spell number.

I think I half explained all that right, regardless the answer to this problem lies in the table at C1/6414.

Pain in my....

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find