Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Replaced Command - Possess with 8 spell list

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
$64BA gets set if anybody in the party is found with the Magitek Status... I think it gets set at the start of battle, and it doesn't check if everybody has the status... only if at least one person has it. It's the same ram value that tells the game to draw the MTek Armor instead of the regular character stances (and it is otherwise only used for draw purposes). It does NOT check for the Magitek command separately, so the fix I shared last year is only useful if you intend to restrict the Magitek Command to armor segments and the new command to unarmored segments with no overlap... so no Gestahl with Magitek simultaneously with Terra using Tech, unless you want to risk somebody loading the wrong menu if the player inputs too fast.

I'm not sure how to go about making it more robust than that, it might be an unavoidable quirk to the menu functionality itself. I know that FF5 had similar problems for that Void Divergence hack: there were ways to trick a displaced menu into loading the wrong offset with player swapping. Seems to be a problem that carried over into more modern games too, like that FF8 swap-character limit break exploit.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: Replaced Command - Possess with 8 spell list - by C-Dude - 07-22-2022, 04:25 PM