Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Patch: Replaced Command - Possess with 8 spell list

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I haven't looked into the fine details of morph enough to give a fool proof answer, but it might, and I stress might be possible to blank the part about changing sprites out. The little I know of Morph is: its a complicated command. I'll scroll through it next time I have the file open and see if anything obvious jumps out though. Maybe I can give a better answer then.

As for having an item that changes a command into Morph, I'm not sure if those tables would be practical to expand. I think there are at least 3 list for that type of function, one for items that do it, one for commands that chamge and another for the commands they change into. Trying to expand a similar list atm, but haven't tested it yet. So you'd probably need to expect to replace another item with that property such as Dragoon Boots or the item that does Coin Toss, and the skills attached to it. Meaning for instance, Fight to Jump would be replaced with Runic to Morph. Just an example.

If your just wanting the boost of Morph on an item, would think giving a relic the Earring effect and the ... atlas armlet? Thought that could be done through the editor, but I've slept since then so could be mistaken.

As I said though, haven't looked at morph enough to know how hard it is to modify. Sorry I don't have a better answer atm.

*Edit* I find referance to "set Lift Status" a few places in the Morph code (in between line after line of math to adjust and calculate the Morph Timer). I have to wonder if this isn't the effect your looking for, but the only referances are in the comme ts for Morph. Personally never heard or seen such a thing but that is possibly the status that needs set to get the effects. If that's true, and it is simply handled as a status instead of miles of code for alternate damage formulas, then maybe all required would be a command that sets and removes that status and nothing else. Tis were I'd start on such an endevor anyway.

Had this working 100%, I also managed to break esper summoning and the magicite item 100% (guess I could release it anyway and call that "intentional game balancing").

So I moved it over to replace the Possess command instead, of course this fixes the Esper issue, however all the spells miss 100% perfect miss rate. I'm really on a roll with this 100% stuff! I had this problem back when I started this but don't recall what fixed it exactly soooo... bleh.

The code for the menu works great, nice range of stuff to fill it with too, MagiTek works fine too even, running into way to much trouble replacing commands though. Keep getting the feeling some stray line of code is being to picky for my sloppy programming.

So whats the next, illogical step? Go deeper! That way when you drown at least everybody will know you were swimming in the wrong direction!

I wanted to release this little patch, (it is a fun command to play with) but its going nowhere until I remember how I fixed that perfect miss problem. In the mean time, while its fresh on the brain, going to look at expanding all of those command list. At best don't expect that to mean more commands like Blitz or SwrdTech but in theory it should allow for more basic spell list like MagiTek or Shock/Health type commands maybe, if it works.

Eh, it is what it is.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: New Command List - Summon Command Replace - by Catone - 12-04-2015, 07:00 PM