Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Replaced Command - Possess with 8 spell list

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Different set of commands for Esper Summon, than Summon. That being said, they are both run as "command 19". Thats why Esper summons, through the magic menu, are calculated with Espers being the start of that casting list. My changes didn't effect Esper summon, other than what spell # they start at, so the Summon command must be run before the Esper summon code, possibly jumping into it mid stream, hence the bypass of only casting once. However, since they are both calculated based off the same number (accessed by using the command #19 as index) I can't change the calculated value (or for that matter much of the original code for summon) without breaking Espers everywhere. I would almost guess it was added as a "why not" considering it didn't require much extra code and the command slot was already set.

I don't forsee "Shock" having that problem though, running as command 19 (might have to guess around to find the correct spell number to make it go proper... maybe). Since by default, Shock's number isn't set to calculate, by using it for this instead should allow anything from a short magic list, to a menu of summons, to a mix of Lore/Blitz/Magic.

By swapping it, I could make it work straight with the editor like I intended, it would require adding the extra calculation of spells to that list (and expanding it) and it would seriously restrict what could go in the menu. So yeah, it will be hex edit only, but easy and open.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: New Command List - Summon Command Replace - by Catone - 12-01-2015, 10:16 AM